Thursday, November 12, 2009

I’m Excited

We got our satellite fixed. Starband has a new satellite or changed to another one, however that works….so we had to take our modem into the office here in Haiti, have it reprogrammed, then wait for it to get finished ( a longer wait than we wanted) plus, the dish had to be pointed in another direction. The guys came out once, said they couldn't do it that we needed a new pole. Try as Gary might, he couldn't find one so today! They came with a tripod device and got the dish pointed in the right direction. They had to drill into the roof ( flat, cement) and we wandered if the drill would come through the ceiling, but it didn't, Praise the Lord. All this cost us 200 American dollars and it was supposed to be free!!!! Not in Haiti, nothing is ever free. But, we now have speedy transitions from one thing to another on the internet. There are so many things for which to be thankful. Speedy internet is one but this morning……

…..I heated water to take a shower. Ahhhh, my quart of hot water with some added cold water made for a very nice shower. Well, not actually a shower. It was a soap up and pour the water over the body to rid oneself of the soap. But it was warm and as it hit my back, I thought wow God, I'm so thankful for this warm water, it feels soooooo good!

We find ourselves buried in work as we make changes at the school. I think I told you about making Dan Joshu the principal, and Nancy Hibbard the secretary. It's creating a whole different atmosphere as the children realize we have a plan!!! Our plan is to create an environment that will cause them to succeed! We often reflect on Kesmy and how hard he worked to graduate. Without arms, with seizures, this young man made it and you know what? He just got his tuition paid for to go to Moody, which was dream of his!! God is so very faithful! So, the changes were necessary. Gary was about to lose his wits running around fixing things that break, taking care of payroll, problems with people, and run the school too. Now, he has a reprieve. Dan has been taking the kids home everyday, so that duty is no more Gary's.

My first graders are the smartest class I've ever had! They amaze me. They are now reading and just about through with the 12 week program in nine! Amazing. The little munchkins are learning as well. They are so cute, I have to be careful not to begin cuddling them (which is what I'd love to do). Every day when they lay down for their naps, I take their shoes and socks off. Did you ever watch a young child's toes when their shoes come off. They curl them under and though they don't say, ahhhh thank you, you know they are feeling really comfortable to get those shoes off. I can't help but begin to massage them so they'll feel even better. They all go to sleep without an argument, they are ready. Their belly's are full and their feet are free. Humm, that could be a book title, don't you think?

So, now I can zoom this blog to blogger (I type in Word) and know there is enough speed to get it there. How many things can you think of for which to be thankful. Hot water? Feet free of shoes? God is so incredibly good to us!!!

No comments: