Thursday, October 8, 2009

We had the most fun yesterday in my classroom. I brought a floor puzzle back with me of the world. It's foam, each piece about a half inch thick. When worked it's quite large. We all got on the floor and we all worked together getting it done. When it was done, they laid down on it as though it were a mat for sleeping (two boys could fit at one time).

In a classroom of five boys and one girl, you all can pray for me. I'm working without an interpreter so they are learning English and they are learning to respond to my limited Creole. (I know I should know the language by now, but it is very difficult due to hearing problems and a multitude of other things that I need to remember all the time-----that's my excuse, anyway).

I don't have pictures of the puzzle working effort but I do have a request. We need floor puzzles. As I watched them working together and cooperating with one another, I realized there were many positive things going on in their minds and hearts. If any of you can acquire them, whether new or used, make sure all pieces are there. We have one they worked on the other day and when they finished about four pieces were missing which is very disappointing.

On another note; we had to take our newest boy at the orphanage, Pablo, to the Dr. He has pneumonia. With the medication and prayer, we are sure he will recover quickly.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: