Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quiet Sunday Morning

I got up at 4:30 to sit on the porch where it's cool and I can watch daybreak. Isn't God amazing to continue to allow day and night, seedtime and harvest, winter and summer? His plans are mind boggling especially considering Genesis and the beginning. So, here we have the beginning of a new day, one set aside for Him, the Sabbath. I wish we could use today as a day of rest and I hope the Lord will forgive us for working.

Yesterday, Gary went to Port and our curriculum was released from customs so we will be organizing it today (a team effort) so that Monday won't be a zoo when the kids arrive. Nancy Hibbard was also with Gary when he came back from Port. We spent the evening reacquainting ourselves as well as introducing Nancy to Carol. The morning allows me a chance to reflect and to look forward. Reflect on the fellowship and the work Carol and I did yesterday in the office here at the house. Why is it we need two offices? One at school and one here. Why is it we need all these storage rooms? Which will be the other job we do today (organize the storage room here). Either we have too much stuff or rooms are too small. Hummm….I'll have to meditate on that and see which is true. We should be able to move the kindergarten kids on Monday because the house will be ready. I will try to post some of those pictures.

Carol and I walked at 6:30 yesterday morning. We are getting quite good ascending the mountain, but it's almost harder to come down. Rocks roll under our feet and falling is easy. Ask Carol. I've learned how to grip the ground so to speak, but I've had my share of falls. Sort of like being on roller skates, your feet are out from under you before thinking about it.

We had a wonderful chapel time on Friday. My theme this year is: Rules for Living a Good Life. I had the older children, Carol taught the elementary group about David and Goliath and not without a lot of demonstration. I can't teach and take pictures so missed the fun.

I will try to post some pictures if the internet will cooperate. Have a wonderful Sunday. Remember this is the Sabbath and it is HOLY. God is a glorious, wonderful Father and my heart is filled with thanksgiving toward Him. Day has broken, the Caribbean is still in place. I always think of a hymn I learned years ago, When morning guilds the skies, my heart awakening cries, may Jesus Christ be praised!

Carolyn

No comments: