Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Monday Morning to You!
It's a beautiful cool day here in St Marc, temperature hanging around 79. Actually, I'm chilly and thinking about getting my sweater.
We have had a wonderful time with the team who are now back in the US except for Diana and she is on her way up the mountain for a two day stint. I was supposed to go, but thought about it a bit more than impulse. No. It won't work for me. The energy that would be expended would do me in for several days afterward. Hate to admit that I'm not in shape for such a climb and that sleeping on the ground does not appeal to me ......am I getting old? When I discussed it with Kevin who is 35, he revealed that he was still getting over the climb last week. Well, if a 35 year old is having a time, I don't feel so guilty. ( I did feel a bit of guilt at saying no). Diana was just fine with an interpreter (female) whom she knew from a previous trip.
We have had a few exciting days after rescuing little Peter from starvation and getting him into the orphanage. He was here on Sat. with Al and Bev and he's doing wonderfully well. The pictures will speak I'm sure.
Getting my thoughts centered upon teaching at ICE Bible College, Family Harvest Church in Tinley Park, IL, Dr Robb Thompson, Pastor. I'll teach Missions in Acts and The Attributes of God. This is a new venture. No interpreter needed. Don't know whether that will be good or bad. When I make a mistake at our Bible school, I can say to Kevin, "That's not right, don't translate it" Won't have that opportunity when everyone is English speaking will I?
I just finished reading First Light by Thoene. Would reccommend it to anyone. Very fascinating historical novel during the time of Jesus. An interesting quote by one of the characters in the story: "It is right for you to ask every question that comes to your mind. The Lord doesn't resent our questions or turn aside our doubts. Truth transcends doubt like a candle illuminates darkness." May your day be filled with truth and light!

No comments: