Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fleeting Time

Psa 90:12  So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.  I must keep reminding myself of this otherwise, I'll allow my thoughts to race way ahead of where we are and miss today.


It's nice being home.  The pace is different and it's good.  I'm enjoying times with the Lord and good fellowship with friends. 
The church services we've been in have been wonderful, meaningful. We haven't been speaking, simply participating as part of the Body and enjoying the Lord.  Picture of ice cream shop in St Marc
 
Our guys in Haiti, Kevin and Marko have patched the hole that was knocked through the block in the window on the first floor by whomever.  We thought it was a boy but Kevin isn't sure it could have been and the hole was large enough for him to get through (although  he didn't go in).  So, we still don't know what was taken.  I'm very thankful we'd planned our summer they way did.  We need to get back and solve this mystery.

Interesting note.  We live (in WV) near a railroad track.  Last night as the train went by (even though I heard the whistle and knew it was there) the bed began to vibrate a little.  My thoughts immediately went to the quake (after shocks were usually at night).  I laid there fully aware of what was causing the vibration and wanted it to stop.  It was a bit strange but as Gary said, "The impact of what happened made a deeper mark than we realized." 

We will attend a church in Quaker City, Ohio, tomorrow.  It will be nice to see friends there.  Tonight we are going to see Ezra and Audrey, play and sing at a praise and worship festival, at the church where they were married.  That should be a treat for this mom, anyway. 

If you can, get a copy of The Meal that Heals, by Perry Stone.  It is the most informative book on communion I've ever read and taking daily communion is  powerful.

Blessings to you today!

I'm a truly blessed woman. God has been so good to me!

No comments: