Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Almost Time To Go Back To Haiti

Today I pack for our road trip to Chicago.  I wish I could say I'm looking forward to packing, NOT.  There are some things that don't work well with me and packing is one of them.  The challenge will be thinking of clothes that we'll need at the end of July when we return for Family Harvest Connect 2010, conference.

We've had a wonderful time these three weeks.  We probably squeezed in more visiting and churches than we would have had we been here for a longer stay. It's difficult to process it all though.  I wish there were a way to make a video of it all and replay so that I don't forget any wonderful moments.  Trusting memory isn't a real good reliable all the time.

Thinking about Psalm 103...Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all His benefits.  He forgives all my sin and heals all  my diseases.  I'm reading John G. Lake Sermons edited by Gordon Lindsay.  Pretty powerful, thought provoking and changing my thinking.  For those of us who've hung around the faith movement and believe for healing, or fail to believe, this book jerks the slack out from under the faith feet.  Today with so much disease, we'd better get a hold of God on this subject.  I'll spare you my words, this is what John G. Lake said:  A lot of folks pray but do not get in touch with God. They operate the machinery of prayer at one end, but never get a response from the other end.  Real prayer is communion with God,not just praying words, but getting an answer from heaven.  
I don't know about you, but that sure did convict me.  I'm not sick.  I simply want more of God and would love to walk in a divine area so that I never reach for an aspirin or any other medication, but that I reach for Him. 

It's raining in Haiti.  That means two things.  1.)Havoc for the tent dwellers. 2.) It'll be cool for sleeping.
Almost an oxymoron, isn't it?  When it rains, we sleep in comfort but the tent dwellers are having sleeping havoc.  That's why when the temps soar due to humidity, we feel a burden of guilt if we ask the Lord for rain.
Pray that Haitians cry out to the Lord in their distress and forget not all His benefits.  He forgives sin and He heals all disease.  As the rain falls, disease is imminent for those living in camps.  Many are coming to the Lord, many more are  hanging in the balance.  With elections coming up, pray for Godly leaders that will have solutions to this problem.
I better get to packing.  Aaron and Faith will be here shortly so we can enjoy the activity of youth and perhaps I'll sound like my grandmother:  Stop slamming the screen door!  Ever hear that as a kid? And, I'm longing to hear the sounds of Olivie and Junior skating down the hallway....

No comments: