Saturday, March 20, 2010

  Nancy took the team to Jacmel then up a mountain. During their three days (two of travel) they installed a solar water purification system that will give clean water to a whole village.  A couple of them came home a little ill but it was over in a day or two and they were able to continue enjoying their stay in Haiti.It's great to see men working in the heat with a smile on their face, is it not?  Janice Myers had a great time organizing the kindergarten room.  One of her projects was to bring all the puzzles home and let Junior and Oliver work them. Those little boys worked from 2 to 8 PM, then got up at 6:30 AM and went right back to working puzzles. It was so delightful to watch!!  Anna Grassman got to help several of the El Shaddai students with their work.  Mark and Jim worked a long time on installing the new electrical system, please forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what it was they installed.  All I know is this: Gary is so excited it's as though it were Christmas!!  The picture of the hand is on the wall at school, Ketia drew it.  Most of the time when our kids draw it  has to do with God.  Neat, huh?  I'm so thankful to be in a place where God is in our thoughts and where we can freely talk about Him and the Word of God. I would not do well in the American system such as it is today.  Mike Harrawood is with Jean Philip Felix.  We've known Jean for at least seven years.  He's a preacher's kid, which spells ornery, but he's a great delight.  He liked Mike so well, that when he came to me in the testing room to show me he was doing his Word Building test, he said, "May I have it back, Mr. Mike is going to give me the test."  Oh, fine with me, one I didn't have to do.  Have you ever given three different spelling tests at the same time........not fun! 

No comments: