Friday, July 9, 2010

Amazing Grace

I got the office cleaned and organized. It's awesome. Some new shelves at my work station, everything in order. I'm all set for the fall season!!  Well, almost.  I discovered that the calendar is in the wrong place and not convenient so it has to be changed.  Gary isn't happy about that, but we definitely will have to change it.  If I could adjust to doing everything on the computer, it would be great.  But right now, I'm basking in the GRACE the Lord gave me to do this job.  It took four days to get it to the point where Gary could come in and do some shelving.  On to bigger and better things.....like continuing our private investigation as to who the perpetrator was that entered the house.  I can report we know as much now as we knew before.  Nothing really. 

We do have the window fixed and we have razor wire around the wall so that now we look like a prison.  Not a fun thought.  Also realize that no one trusts anyone so why should we be so trusting.  There will be some new rules as to who enters the house and where we let people go in the house. 

Bible school is going great.  We certainly loved being back with the students.  I love it when the Lord takes what I'm teaching and hits me square in the heart with it.  I love it not because it feels good, but because it's what I need. He is really all we need, isn't He? This time we've taken to be in Haiti when we are usually in the States has been wonderful for me in that I've had time to seek the Lord.  While cleaning up the office, I ran across a book, Developing Heart Faith by Mark and Patti Virkler.  It's been years since I went through this instruction book and a joy going through it again.  I've also ordered Communion with God, by the same author.  These are things we allow to slip and I'm blessed the Holy Spirit is directing me in this way.

On Facebook, I've been quoting a book by Reb Bradley.  My intent is to try and help young parents so they won't look back with regret as I  have so often.  If parents set the standard high, and don't quite reach it, the child will be all right. But, if our standard is low and we don't reach it, how low is that?  And, what happens to the child?  I would suggest everyone who is a parent or grandparent get a copy of this book.  We all know parenting is work, but it's more work than I imagined as a young mother.  It isn't the ordinary household duties, but time consuming interaction with children who need direction and rules.  This book points out areas of rebellion that we take as individuality. 

The child who broke into our home, whether he acted alone or was coached by an adult, is in for a life of crime if we don't find him and intervene.  Not only crime but if he's caught stealing from a Haitian, he'll die.  We pray we find out the truth of this whole thing and save a life. 

That's about it for now.  As  you can see we don't live in "house beautiful" and we hated spending the money on this kind of stuff but what else are we to do?  We have to leave again in a couple of weeks and this time we will make sure no one comes over the wall. 

No comments: