Thursday, April 9, 2009

Greetings from Chicago!

You may know that the Lord opened a door of opportunity for me (Carolyn) to teach at International College of Excellence, at Family Harvest Church in Tinley Park Il. So that's where I am right now, actually half finished with the assignment. Gary is holding down the fort in Haiti and from what I understand he's eating sandwiches. (On top of the big rice/bean and sauce meal he eats at noon).

I'm half finished with my assignment and while it seems it could be going better, it's really going all right. The classes are three hours long, two breaks and I'm being filmed so it can be shown online. Pretty interesting and a very new experience for me. God always keeps us busy doesn't He?

I purchased a book called Paid in Full, by Rick Renner. If you want to get in touch with the price Jesus paid for our healing and salvation, I recommend the book. It's very good. I used part of it for the class on The Existence and Attributes of God, which made for a powerful session. The other class is on Missions in Acts. I get to share a lot of Haiti stories and that's fun. It keeps me in touch with what I'm absent from. I miss the work but Gary is doing a wonderful job without me. Probably a better job.

Ezra is advancing as a praise and worship musician and player. He is really something. All the years he played in the world, I couldn't be a part of it. I really didn't know how good he was. Listening to him as he takes his place in God's army I now know he's good! He has about ten students for guitar and I think he may start teaching voice lessons soon. God is an awesome God to do the work he does on the inside of all of us, but I want to encourage you to stand for your children and not give up! God will bring them in because He's faithful and because it's His desire in the first place.

Well, perhaps I can be better at this in the next few days. Have a worshipful Good Friday and we must remember that He paid the price for our healing by the scourging He took at the hands of the Roman soldiers. May we all begin to walk in what He purchased.

Until next time, Carolyn

No comments: