Monday, January 19, 2009

MONDAY

Hello, from warm and sunny Haiti!!!!! Winter has struck North America with a vengence. Your emails sound very cold! We got one today from the Horrigans in Iowa, a poem which was quite funny but all too true concerning the winter they are having. Barbara Macleod from Canada was relly happy to be back in the Haiti sun after a very snowy and cold Christmas vacation. We had a missionary meeting yesterday at a beautiful place on the ocean. The young man who has that particular ministry, is surrounded by greenery, lots of land and trees, right on the ocean. What a picture. As I sat there, my thoughts gravitated to winter and the question that always comes: how can it be winter when it's so beautiful here? I'll not belabor this point. I've my share of those frigid days. Of course, when I shiver here and look at the temperature, I'm almost ashamed to tell you that 80 can produce a shiver!!

We are plugging along.....pleased with some things, disappointed with other things. Our cry is always, how can we fix it and make it better. We hired a wonderful woman to help with our pre-school program. She's pictured in the top photo, leading them during the Christmas program. She loves the children and the children love her. We are very blessed to have Elizabeth with us.

We just hired a young man by the name of Richard to help Daniel with his twelve first, second and third graders. He's been with us one week and trying to learn the system. As are people in the US, so Richard is in Haiti, very happy to have a job!

We had to purchase a new generator at the tune of 5000 USD. Ouch! We were thankful the money was there because we'd dealt with the other one, Gary constantly repairing it. One day the washladycame running into the school telling Pastor Gary that black smoke was billowing out of the generator. There was no repair this time, it was ready to crash! Making the decision to buy a new one was not easy but Gary did it!! And we are well pleased. It uses less diesel, gets the battery bank up to charge and life is easier all the way around.

This is Monday and as we embark on a new week, we are reminded that it is Monday. We overslept this morning, reminder number one, then we had to rush around to get everything done, reminder number two. And, here I sit blogging when I should be walking out the door to school. (Ahhh, Monday, wonderful Monday).

Our prayer for you is that today will be the best Monday you've ever experienced and hopefully, I'll have time later today to put some new pictures up. We are well and pray you are the same.
I must not forget to mention the biggest, most wonderful blessing for me. My youngest son Ezra is saved! Gloriously, radically saved! It's a story that I'll tell later when I have more time.
Blessings to all of you!
Carolyn

No comments: