Wednesday, December 10, 2008

FAMILY HARVEST TEAM WOW!!!

Ellen played a game with the kids, they had a blast!


We had a wonderful week with the Family Harvest eye clinic team from Tinley Park, Il. We laughed and we cried, we worked until we dropped. Dr Phillips and Cleo are relentless, they never stop. They saw over 800 people in four days! Many got glasses, seeing things clearly for the first time in years. So many stories to tell. Dr Mark Friend taught at the Bible school seminar, challenging the thinking of all our students (100 attended) and had to answer many questions and brought them back to the subject. Jan Meyers taught briefly on Authority and Submission. I don't think any of us will forget the students singing "How Great Thou Art" of course in Creole but we were lifted from the dust and grime outside the resort to a heavenly plane with their singing.
I got to reacquaint myself with Ellen Mytnick after many years. Peggy Phaby and I had our usual laughs about the need for botox and face lifts, and on a more serious level the need to stay firm on the Word of God. Ellen taught our El Shaddai children for three hours on Monday.....they were exceedingly blessed! The bonding with new acquaintances was wonderful, Steve Osborn, Jessica, Jennifer, Carlet, Beverly.........all dear to my heart. I stated that when they left I'd have to spend time regrouping to get back in the groove of routines and it wasn't easy getting my mind back to being without friends but necessary nonetheless.

I'm going to attempt to put all the pics I can on the blog. Love, Carolyn




No comments: