Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are almost at Thanksgiving and my pledge to blog more often seems to have fallen by the wayside! Where time goes is really a question and I'm sure it's one you've posed often as well. As we look we can see that it wasn't wasted but moved away nonetheless. The great equalizer is time isn't it? We are all given the same amount. I would like to think that I'm using mine wisely but in retrospect perhaps there was some wasted! All I know is that when we end a day at El Shaddai, I'm exhausted. We had some company the other day just as we finished school. They had dropped in to use the internet and all I could do was point them to it and went to the porch and laid down on a half bed we have there with water in hand. No one seemed to mind, but I thought, this isn't being much of a hostess. The energy just wasn't there.

Right now I'm teaching first grade for a half hour, kindergarten for a half hour and split the rest of my time with other classrooms. We finally counted accurately....we have 50 students! We couldn't figure out why there weren't enough sandwiches each day for the kids....duh! We had more kids than we thought. You may be asking how that could happen. It's like this: Gary is juggling the school office, the hurricane relief, Bible school and the Touch office (keeping accurate records of where the money goes that you send us). He also drives the kids home everyday (school bus driver), has to continously run to town to get our water supply, has had multiple mechanical problems such as the generator and batteries (not much city power these days) and we are now going to Russeau every Tuesday, and a children's group in town every Monday. Hummm

No comments: