Friday, November 20, 2009

I’m trying to get focused but this is more fun right now……

I was sitting here trying to focus on my lesson for chapel tomorrow but it's not working. Nothing is coming together. We finished our series on David and Saul, that centered around the Ten Commandments. Now what do we do? Lord, help!

I just got pictures unloaded from my camera and need to post them because they are "cool." I couldn't figure out what happened to the pictures I'd taken of Carol Horrigan since she is doing the Friday night children's church. Well, duh, they were still on the camera. Carol is a real trooper to teach the elementary kids on Friday chapel at El Shaddai, then do the Friday evening children's ministry (when we open the gates and let the neighborhood children come in. Then get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday to teach Bible school in Montrouis. It's a lot and we so appreciate her willingness to do the job! Not to mention teaching a group of children all week, keep her son Spencer on his toes with school work, and do some cooking as well in the evenings. I asked Kevin how he liked Carol's Old Testament Survey class at Bible school and his answer was: She sure is animated. Yes, that's Carol. The interpreters work when she's teaching. Last week she was up and down the platform steps so many times, I got tired watching her and the next thing I realized she was standing up on a chair up on the platform. Daniel was interpreting then and he looked, shaking his head, all the while smiling because he knew this is the kind of thing that will keep the Haitians attention.

The other thing Kevin said was that they were hearing things about the OT that they'd not been taught before. Thanks to Carol, her lessons will be with them for a long time to come.

I am going to get the photos on here and move back to my lesson, which still isn't coming together, lots of loose ends, nothing concrete.

Blessings!


 


 

No comments: